This workshop will address various aspects of additive, subtractive, and joining processes to form three-dimensional parts with applications ranging from prototyping to production for the Aerospace industry. Additive manufacturing (AM) technologies fabricate three-dimensional (3D) parts using layer-based manufacturing processes directly from Computer-Aided-Design (CAD) models. You will learn about a variety of AM and other manufacturing technologies, their advantages and disadvantages for production, as well as some of the research challenges associated with using these technologies.
- Provide a comprehensive overview of AM technologies including designing for AM, the AM-specific software as well as the new post-processing/part finishing approaches applied in AM.
- Discuss the wide variety of new and emerging AM applications for the Aerospace industry.
- Explain the capabilities, limitations, and basic principles of AM technologies.
- Evaluate and select appropriate AM technologies for specific applications.
- Apply AM techniques to a challenging rapid manufacturing application.