This workshop will address various aspects of additive, subtractive, and joining processes to form three-dimensional parts with applications ranging from prototyping to production for the Aerospace industry. Additive manufacturing (AM) technologies fabricate three-dimensional (3D) parts using layer-based manufacturing processes directly from Computer-Aided-Design (CAD) models. You will learn about a variety of AM and other manufacturing technologies, their advantages and disadvantages for production, as well as some of the research challenges associated with using these technologies.
Upon completion of this workshop, attendees should be able to:
- Provide a comprehensive overview of AM technologies including designing for AM, the AM-specific software as well as the new post-processing/part finishing approaches applied in AM.
- Discuss the wide variety of new and emerging AM applications for the Aerospace industry.
- Explain the capabilities, limitations, and basic principles of AM technologies.
- Evaluate and select appropriate AM technologies for specific applications.
- Apply AM techniques to a challenging rapid manufacturing application.